Mar 14, 2010

Dave's iPhone

I had been wanting an iPhone so bad for so long, that when my Palm Centro kicked the bucket, rather than yell and cry, I couldn't have been happier. Then At&t told me that my contract wasn't up for another 6 months, and that a new iPhone would cost me upwards of $400. No Bueno. Then Mom & Dad and Cathy & Jim decided to surprise me for my birthday (using a different contract so as not to pay the crazy $400 pricetag thank Jeebus). And what can I say? This thing is wicked awesome.
I lost all of the photos kept on my Palm Centro, so I've been working to replace them.
Here's a handful ...
1st, here's Eli in his second favorite sleeping position. This is on Taryn's lap, and it's the only way to get the kiddo to fall asleep quickly and without any fuss.
(cool pj's, right?)

And here's Eli in his favorite sleeping position: face planted in the matress, arms tucked underneath, legs tucked underneath and butt up in the air. Whatever works is our motto. Except for the couple ear infections and illnesses, Eli's been sleeping soundly through the night since his third month.

Eli was so proud when he worked out how to stand up.
Look at the sparkle in his eyes.

It took quite some time to get the Biddles to enjoy his solids. We fought long and hard, and he was certainly a worthy opponent, but in the end butternut squash won out. But almost as soon as he started eating as well as his cousin James, he became more interested in the food that Taryn and I were eating. So we let him try a few things, and sure enough, he moved almost directly from formula to finger foods. His favorite's now are pancakes for breakfast with toast, grilled cheese for lunch and pizza or raviolis for dinner. The kid eats better than I do now.
Here he is trying his first quesadilla, which he loved. He also tried his first refried beans (which Mommy & Daddy paid for severely over the next three days).

Here he is enjoying wheat toast and jam at breakfast.
His favorite jellies are raspberry and strawberry.

And here he is having raviolis for his second time. They were from the italian place just across the street (an authentic family-owned place that has been there since the 1930's).

He obviously loved them.

I love this pic. And yes, he got himself into that box. Notice how the sides, which are supposed to be firm, are bent and floppy. We have 5 of these toy boxes, and all 5 look as bad as this one.

My Dad went through his garage recently and found our old Radio Flyer wagon. He took it apart and refurbished it piece by piece. It looks great. He's taken Eli on a few outings, which the kiddo really enjoys. He likes leaning over the side and watching the cracks in the sidewalk fly past. And it's good excersize for Dad.

And finally, maybe my favorite picture yet. Doesn't he look innocent?
He's not.
Don't let him fool you like he's tried fooling us.
I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of this face as the years progress.
(also, check out the bear - it's freakin huge!)

1 comment:

TEAM LINDSAY said...

He is too innocent. With that look, I'd give him anything he asked me for...

And does he really sleep like that all night? No wonder he can handle a blanket. James is still like a billiard ball... he sleeps through the night, but he gets plenty of exercise rolling around his crib. Most mornings we still find him in a corner pocket...