Oct 19, 2009

Enter The Manny Nanny

One of the hardest things I have ever done is leave Eli to return to the work force. Dave and I had lined up daycare with a lady close to our home who ran a daycare out of her house for children 0-3. Eli didn't last a week before Dave and I knew this was not the right place for our Lil' Man.
What to do!?!

We made an SOS to his Uncle Kendall who fortunately for us came to our rescue. Kendall and my parents had been watching Eli a couple days a week during the summer when I went back to work part time. Eli loves his Uncle Kendall. They share a very special connection you have to see to truly appreciate.
So armed with latex gloves Kendall became...

THE MANNY NANNY!


We could not be more pleased. Eli gets to hang out with his Uncle and practice the art of mobility, do My Baby Can Read, and get the attention he demands. I must say an extra set of hands in the morning is a real help when you are trying to get out the door. We are very grateful that Kendall has been able to help us out. Eli will start a new daycare Nov. 2nd. Keep your fingers crossed that we found a good one. But if all else fails we can always rely on our Manny Nanny!
THANKS UNCLE KENDALL!

3 comments:

TEAM LINDSAY said...

Hooray for Uncle Kendall! I hope he puts this on his resume... maybe he can start a Manny Nanny business, or even Daddy Daycare someday. He obviously has a way with the babies, and obviously loves Eli very much. I'm so glad it's worked out so well for you all! He's going to miss your little booger when he starts daycare next month - maybe he can still babysit on those Saturdays that you have to work?

Laura said...

Do you guys see these comments!?! The blog updates are GREAT! GO KENDALL, just keep them apart when Eli starts learning to talk!

Unknown said...

I heard that finding a good daycare is a nightmare! I am not looking forward to looking for daycare!